Website owners and business owners, if you need to add some spice to your page, why not consider learning HTML 5. This coding language is among the easiest to learn if you want to add it to your site. It enables you to add multimedia quickly and easily once you know the code.
Of course, it does take awhile to learn the coding language, but not nearly as long as it takes to learn some of the other coding languages. If you have always wanted to learn to code, now is your chance. We’ve put together a list of links and descriptions for some of the best accessible HTML 5 coding tutorials so that you can get started right away.
But first, let’s take a look at what HTML 5 is.
What is HTML 5?
HTML 5 is a type of HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) that is used to create mobile apps, mobile websites, applications, and other creations. It is often combined with Java script and other languages that complement the HTML 5 language. HTML was the first language that was developed (after Basic) that allowed the act of web design to take place and to communicate by way of the world wide web.
HTML 5 is not too different from HTML and it uses HTML as the basic underlying language. But HTML 5 combines with other programming languages when needed to define certain elements of the website or mobile application. It is a vehicle that lets you create and design your website in the way that you prefer and also allows you to capture it in an app for your mobile customers. Mobile customers are growing in large numbers, and you need to make sure that you have your site optimized for mobile platforms and multiple mobile devices to keep up.
HTML 5 is also a multimedia-friendly and mobile-friendly platform that puts no limits on your creativity regarding web design or mobile app development. Many developers like to write in this language due to its versatility in the programming environment that allows you to create whatever you want.
HTML 5 Tutorials
1. This HTML 5 video tutorial is over an hour long and gives you a lot of information about how to use HTML 5 to create your website. The creator of this tutorial goes into great detail and teaches you how to create HTML 5 code without any experience. If you follow his lead, you should be able to learn much of HTML 5 code language over the course of the hour.
He mentions CSS (cascading style sheets) as well, which allows you to configure the format of your page that you code in HTML and add onto it using cascading style sheets.
2. A History of HTML & Tutorial– This tutorial of HTML 5 shows some of the history of HTML 5 and how it became a mainstream coding language for websites and mobile applications. It talks about the various versions of HTML that preceded it and how it allows you to create web pages from scratch and integrate them within your websites.
3. Smashing Magazine– This tutorial from Smashing Magazine takes you through the process of HTML 5 coding in an easy-to-follow format that will teach you the basics of HTML 5. It also shows how to build a website using various techniques that are grounded in HTML coding.
4. Beginner’s Guide to HTML 5– This guide illustrates how to use HTML 5 and CSS for website design. This guide also shows some of the differences between HTML 4 and HTML, 5. Digital media is more compatible with HTML 5 language so that makes it a good choice if you are looking for a coding language to help you build your webpage.
This tutorial mentions that HTML 5 is similar to the previous versions of HTML, including HTML 4 and HTML 3, but it does not have the syntax rules of XHTML.
6. HTML Goodies– This quick guide on HTML 5 features a handy guide on HTML coding for anyone who wants to learn some quick tips and tricks on how to use HTML. It’s for either beginners or experts and features a fairly easy “5 minute tutorial” to help you get started.
7. Udemy HTML 5 Tutorial– Here is a totally free HTML 5 tutorial on Udemy that will get you started on HTML 5 coding. They start with a simple basic HTML 5 tutorial and builds up to creating an entire website and other projects with HTML coding.
Udemy has a wide variety of courses, some of which are free or fairly inexpensive in cost. You can sign up for an account by going to Udemy.com.
If you prefer not to learn code
If you would rather not have to learn HTML 5 code, you can get professionals to do it instead. WebDesignTeam.com is a great solution for creating original websites and mobile applications from scratch and we can also implement them within your WordPress or other websites.
We have been helping website owners create their own websites for awhile now and we can do the same for you. Using all of the resources and tools that you need to promote your brand, we can help you create the perfect website using any of the following:
- Graphic design
- Website design and development
- 2D and 3D animation
- Infographic design
Original graphic design will help you to create original graphics that will draw attention to your audience and engage them. Original web design will help you define yourself as a unique company and brand that will give you an edge of your competition. You need to create original content that will satisfy both Google and your customers and draw the right targeted traffic to your website.
Original animations can also add to your site by creating dynamic attributes and assets to your page. Infographics are also a great way to encapsulate an idea or concept in a compelling way such as timelines and stories that you can tell within your infographic.
Infographic videos would also be a great idea to incorporate either HTML 5 or other types of code into your site to increase traffic and conversions.
All of these services will help you to pull everything together and integrate your media such as videos, podcasts, and photos, infographics, and more into your web pages. In addition, we can easily integrate your site into WordPress or use a variety of programming languages (including HTML and HTML 5, CSS, and more) to create your site.
So if learning lines of code does not appeal to you, you can consider letting us do the grunt work for you instead. We love creating web pages for people to help them achieve their goals.
Contact us for a free estimate or to talk to us about what we can do for your website. We are both artists and engineers. We know the code that can help you build your site and move your business forward.