YouTube is one of the most valuable sales tools and lead generators imaginable. With its millions of potential viewers at any moment, you can corner the market for your niche area by streamlining your video messages to meet your audience’s needs.
Everyone knows the value of YouTube. Whether you are an artist or a business owner, you need a YouTube channel. If you do put video on YouTube regularly, you should have your channel. I realize that YouTube gives you your channel when you first sign up. But you should work on branding this and making it match your website and other brand assets.
But why should a YouTube user have their site? Isn’t being on YouTube enough? There are some reasons for this.
First, if you are a video producer who wants to promote your work, what better way than to work on your brand. You need to promote your brand and make it original and unique. By having your site, you give users a “home base” to go back to when they view your videos. The beautiful thing about YouTube is that you get customers from a variety of sources. One source is YouTube itself.
So Many Fish in the Sea
YouTube has over a billion views at any time that could see your content. This strategy depends on the keywords you use within your video descriptions and meta tags, among other things. We’ll talk about that in more detail later. But the main thing is that, simply by having your site, you will reach many more potential clients and customers than you would if you had YouTube alone and it helps build your brand.
If that’s not enough for you, check out these other YouTube stats.
Keep them on your radar!
Remember one of the keys to branding is to have your “stuff,” your message, and your name in more than one place. In fact, the more places, the better. People are bombarded with a lot of noise on the internet. You can stand out by creating your internal web that goes from one site to another reminding people you’re there and keeping them on your radar.
Create a stage presence
Are you a musician or artist who would like to promote your artistic work before an audience? Just like in the early days of the networks, you are at the cutting edge of internet TV by using the most popular video platform available through YouTube. But you also don’t want your videos just to get lost in the crowd among the thousands of other videos out there. Create branding for your act and your music by having your site then link it to your YouTube channel and vise-Versa.
Also, with the “live broadcast” option now, you can conduct “live concerts” from anywhere, on the road, in a garage, or in a huge concert hall. When you utilize these tools, you will be able to perform to a live audience just like famous musicians do.
Create a sales platform
If you are just playing around with video, then being on YouTube may be enough. But we know that most of our readers have a brand or at least a business concept that they take very seriously and want to promote. You need to do this in the most professional way possible, and that means specializing and having your site.
Creating a sales platform is one of the many reasons you should have your site. Let’s face it: having a site is what it’s all about if you are really serious about making real money or creating real wealth online.
You may make some money with your videos through Google Adsense. If you have enough followers and subscribers, you may even be able to start charging for your content. But your website is your home base for your content. So you need to make that your main attraction to help people find your platform and bookmark your site.
Make your site the goal; YouTube the vehicle
YouTube is a great tool, but you should make your site the goal and YouTube the vehicle to get them there. By promoting what you want customers to do within your video and including a call to action, you can make YouTube and your site work together flawlessly to create your sales funnel.
How to Create a Winning Website
Okay, so now you know the importance of creating a winning sales website. You will use it to promote your brand, increase your leads and customer base, and integrate it within your YouTube channel.
To create a winning site, you should have some components that all work well together.
- Overall design: customized and professional– First of all, your overall design should be attractive. Make sure you send a message that you are creating value for your customers and viewers. Part of the value is the design. It’s not everything, but it’s important, and it is the first impression they have of your brand.
- Excellent navigation– You need to make your site easy to navigate and get around. If customers have trouble navigating your site, you will notice that your bounce rate will increase. You want to avoid this.
- Integration with social media networks– Make it easy for customers to share your videos with social media friends for more views and leads. Do this by including social media access buttons near or around your video content on your site. This increases the shares exponentially by allowing sharing from YouTube and your site and can double or triple your income potential over time.
- Shareable material– When it comes to content, you can’t have too much good content. Make it something unique, beautiful, or touching that person will want to share. Then put this content on your site, as well as YouTube.
- Multimedia-capable– Make sure your web server allows high definition quality video so that you can put this on your page. YouTube will let you embed your code for your videos though if your server does not.
- Easy checkout– If your goal is making sales from your website, the last thing you need is a fault checkout system. Make sure to check your checkout to make sure it “checks out!”
Does all of this seem a bit complicated? It’s not. It just takes work and coordination. But it helps if you have a capable web design team ready and willing to help you pull it all together.
Start with your friends here at webdesignteam.com. We have years of experience and expertise in all sorts of design skills such as:
- Graphic design
- Infographic design
- Video and animation
- Web design and coding
All of these assets are important when you build your website. But most importantly, make sure you have a website, then interlink them with appropriate keywords and tags! You’ll be amazed at how visitors will multiply and come in from both doors to your brand’s front door!