WordPress is a popular platform for bloggers and website owners to promote their ideas and brands. It is most known for allowing individuals and organizations to create a free blog that they can use to promote their ideas or brand.
They also allow web owners to create and maintain a website on their platform and they offer some different options and plugins to include within their site.
On their site, they say that it is an open source software that allows you to create a blog, website, or app. They provide some different ways that you can create a web presence that will resonate with your target audience.
If you are an eCommerce owner searching for a way to promote your brand, WordPress offers one option that you may want to look into.
What can you do on WordPress?
WordPress is a versatile platform with plenty of options to choose from. Below are some of the best things that WordPress offers eCommerce owners that can help you promote your brand.
- Customizable designs– One of the best things about WordPress is that you can customize your designs to fit your brand quickly and easily.They have hundreds of choices and designs to choose from that will help you shape your brand around your eCommerce site. Choose from hundreds of different colors and designs.
- SEO friendly content– If you want a platform that allows you to utilize SEO friendly content to promote your products and services, WordPress is a good place to do this. They have plugins that help with SEO as well as a host of other tools that will meet your eCommerce needs.
- Responsive websites– Creating responsive websites is critical in making your eCommerce site successful. This will ensure that your mobile customers will appreciate the ease of use and that you can maximize your impact to your target audience.
Tips for Building an eCommerce site on WordPress
If you want to tap into the power of WordPress, you can start building an eCommerce site right away. Just get an account and start building a customized site. Follow these tips for the best results.
1. Have great images and graphics.– WordPress is a visual site. If you want to attract clients that come to your site on the WordPress platform, you should have visually-appealing images that appeal to your target customers. WordPress is a platform that allows you to post beautiful images on your site while providing the best content for your prospective customers.
There are many sources where you can get excellent images including Wikipedia Commons, istockphoto.com, and others. If you want to make sure that you have unique images that no one else uses, you’ll need to either purchase unique images or take the photos yourself.
2. Create a professional business logo.– If you want to make a bigger impact on your customers with your WordPress site, you should create a professional logo that reflects your business personality. WordPress is a great way to showcase your brand so start with a great logo.
3. Choose an industry-specific look.– Do some research to see what kind of website look people in your industry are projecting. It’s not necessary to copy what they do, but you may get some inspiration from other industry leaders who have already developed their brand.
4. Keep it free of clutter.– WordPress is an excellent streamlined platform that lets you present your brand in an orderly fashion. If you clutter it up too much with an extemporaneous bombardment of a material, you may confuse your message. Keep it simple while focusing on the most important things you want your viewers to know. Avoid pop-up ads and other things also that Google has warned against, to avoid being penalized.
5. Get a good hosting plan.– Having a hosting plan that is compatible with your website content and the WordPress platform is important. Some people decide to use one of the WordPress recommended hosting plans. Others choose to use a host that they are familiar with in other contexts. Whatever you decide to do, make sure that the web hosting solution you select will be compatible and complementary with your WordPress site.
The WordPress site says that the WordPress websites work best in a “rich hosting environment.” So this means that you need to locate a web hosting solution that allows for rich content such as multimedia-rich sites and other aspects that contribute to the customer experience.
6. Keep it mobile-friendly.– If you have a site on WordPress, you know the importance of making your site mobile-friendly. This is one of the most important aspects of a website today, and it’s needed to allow your mobile customers to access and navigate your site.
7. Get a great designer.– If you are an expert developer yourself and like to design websites, you may want to create your own. However, if you are like many business owners, you simply don’t have the time or the know-how on web design to do this.
Hiring a web design team can be confusing at first. But you should think about the things that matter most to you and find a web team that can deliver what you need.
How to Find the Best Designer
If you are not sure where to start in the search for a web designer, here are a few suggestions.
- Focus on the goal.– Remember what your purpose is when creating a website. Do you want to use your website to pull in new customers and leads? Is your purpose to generate sales or to allow customers to contact you? It’s fine to have more than one purpose, but you should focus on one primary goal, as well so visitors will know what your website is about.
- Check their portfolio.– Most web designers, whether freelance or otherwise, have a portfolio on their website for potential clients to view. This allows you to see the kind of work they’ve done in the past so you can see if you find them compatible with your website.
- Choose someone you can communicate with freely.– When selecting a web designer, you should choose someone who listens to your ideas and tries to do what you want for your website. Once you turn this job over to someone else,it’s easy to lose control. So make sure it’s someone who understands your goals.
- 24/7 tech support– Having 24/7 support is an added advantage. But if this is not available, make sure your design team has a toll-free number or email that you can use to contact them when problems arise. Keeping your site going full-time is important, and you’ll want to keep “down time” to a minimum.
- WordPress compatible– If you are going to create a website on the WordPress platform, you need to make sure it is compatible with your web host and server.
About Web Design Team
If you are looking for a professional design team, contact us and view our online portfolio. For busy eCommerce owners, we can create a WordPress eCommerce site for you or host your WordPress site with no problems.
Contact us to learn more at webdesignteam.com.